Just a place to keep up with the fam...all the sports, scrapbooking, holiday & random events you can handle! EMAIL YOUR NEWS & PHOTOS TO ruggergirl8@yahoo.com & Ill get it posted.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Christmas Plans?...Anyone?...Anyone....Bueller?

You didnt think Id start this blog and not try to get us all together did you? Remember the Old St. Francis Fortener Christmas parties? (there was one or two at Ascension..)

Heres a few of my random ramblings about past and future parties....

- Mark "Santa Claus" Ewald is still around and could be recruited for Santa Duties. At my first real job out of college I bought office supplies from him and he denied me a credit on some task chairs - an issue that eventually made me quit my job, so lets just say, he owes me one.

- Remember the dot matrix "Merry Christmas" banners that we always had? I can make better ones now.

Unfourtunately, I can only post so many memories on my lunch break so post your favorite "Fortener Christmas" memory - and also add (1) If you're interested in reviving the Fortener Chrismas party (2) what dates you CANNOT attend (3) If you have ideas regarding location, times, etc.

We can discuss on the comment section...Hope to hear from YOU ALL!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that would be a great idea. I have no idea on location or dates. We are not going away this Christmas, so just about anytime will work for us. Jan

10:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years ago we did have a get together here at Holy Angels in Dayton. It worked fairly well. I could easily get the facility again. There are some dates that Amy is playing in a holiday tournament in New York somewhere. But other than that, ....

Let me know if this sounds like a plan.

rob, or Danny's favorite uncle!

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Fort said...

Yeah! Definitely throw out some dates and we'll try to pick one well before Thanksgiving...

Oh, I do remember the last one...it was on a weekday I think & I wasnt able to make it up from the 'nati.
Are either 12/16 or 12/23 open?

12:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know everyone will want to work around my schedule, so let's not plan it until after the 22nd :) I still don't have my time off approved yet (and let's not talk about it b/c I'm a bit salty about that...), but I requested the 22nd through the 2nd.

and I don't think I have a FAVORITE memory, I was so young...but I do remember being very upset that Jodi got more presents than me one year!

Elizabeth

8:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 23rd is open as of right now. That may be cutting it close, though.

10:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas everyone! We are having a Fortener Family Clan Christmas gathering on Saturday, Dec.23rd from 2-8 pm at Holy Angels School, located at the corner of L and Brown Streets.

Park along the alley side of the school first before considering the church parking lot.
Please avoid the church parking lot around the 5:00 pm mass time; Thank you.The wheel-chair ramp is necessary for many parishioners at this mass.

6:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home